2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Fantastic Hours, 8am - 5pm (flexible start and end times), No Weekends, 64 hours/Pay Period.
Ecumen Detroit Lakes seeks a Staffing Speciailst to join its team. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 102 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Staffing Speciailst position is primarily responsible for scheduling staff in assigned departments to meet daily staffing requirements.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Maintains the master employee schedules and produces the bi-weekly staff schedules for assigned departments. Identifies staffing needs to cover vacations, leaves of absence, open positions, and for employees calling in on a daily basis (i.e. employee absences). Proactively reaches out to employees to find shift coverage as needed.
- Processes employee requests for time off, schedule exchanges between employees, and other scheduling requests. Refers employees seeking leaves of absence to third party approver (Cigna).
- Coordinates and tracks required training for all staff, including scheduling of newly hired employees for NEON.
- Tracks absences and tardiness, and notifies Human Resources when employees are in violation of the Attendance Policy.
- Maintains and monitors overtime usage, and provides updates of OT usage to appropriate management.
- Provides scheduling reports to Payroll Coordinator as necessary for bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assists human resources with internal posting of positions, placement of external advertising, checking references, conducting background studies, and other recruiting activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Staffing Speciailst
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to communicate effectively including both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand scheduling procedures, including collective bargaining agreements if applicable.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Previous experience with staffing / scheduling.
- Experience working with seniors.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our residents, patients and staff is one of our highest priorities at Ecumen. To ensure we are complying with CMS guidelines, this position requires candidates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit for an exemption request prior to starting employment.
We participate in E-Verify.