Resident Assistant (Full-Time)
Health Care Assistant/Resident Assistant - All Shifts - Full Time
$2,500 sign on Bonus for Overnight Shift
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a part time Health Care Assistant/Resident Assistant at Ecumen Detroit Lakes.
We’re hiring a caring, compassionate person like you to provide personal care and health-related services to help make the lives of our residents more fulfilling and enjoyable. As a care provider at Ecumen, you’ll put people at the heart of all you do.
Join our AMAZING team today!
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.
Current Part Time Openings:
- Day Shift - 6 am - 2 pm
- PM Shift - 5 pm - 9 pm
- PM Flex Shift - 4 pm - 9 pm (weekdays) and 2:45 pm - 10:45 pm (weekend coverage)
- Hours per Pay Period Vary Based On Block Schedule/Shift Time
- Overnights, 10:30pm - 6:00pm
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.
- Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.
- Orients and coaches assigned employees.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
Qualifications: Resident Assistant
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 17 years of age or older
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma, GED or Higher
- Previous experience with working with seniors
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA and/or Home Health Aide
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.