Description: JOIN US AS A Sr. Data Analyst - Assets Protection, Shortage Research & InvestigationsAbout us:
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and the second-largest retailer in the United States. One of the world's leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Asset Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our team, guests, store and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters and throughout our supply chain. Here you will promote a culture of mindfulness around shortage and theft, while co-creating new processes with key field leaders and HQ partners.
The Asset Protection Shortage Research and Investigations
exists to tackle the complex and constantly moving significant shortage opportunity at Target by quantifying and clarifying shortage drivers and partnering across the enterprise to effect profitable change. As a key player on this team, you'll leverage existing data and seek out new data sources to generate new actionable insights to resolve, mitigate and prevent inventory shortage. You'll work closely with partners and teams across the enterprise to ensure those that can impact shortage have the right information to make profitable business decisions and investments.Target Assets Protection- Shortage Research
As a Sr. Data Analyst in Target's Assets Protection's Shortage Research & Investigations team you'll work closely with partners across the enterprise to ensure they have the right information to make profitable business decisions and investments.
You'll collaborate with business owners and technical partner's teams within AP HQ and multiple other HQ partner teams to uncover causation and insights to enterprise level shortage (Inventory shrinkage) problems.
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you'll take the lead as you...
- Work independently as well as with partners to perform data mining, analysis and provide insights to mitigate shortage risk
- Develop and deliver standardized datasets, reporting, and ad hoc queries
- Monitor and analyze data tables/reports/dashboards/pipelines and do root cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues that arise
- Align with critical upstream and downstream partners across the organization to stay aligned with data migration to ensure that datasets stay current and active
- Drive understanding and insights of shortage drivers and influence decision-makers with the results of your analysis
- 4 year college degree preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or technical/analytics field
- Subject matter expertise or significant experience in stores, and/or Supply Chain process or data analytics
- Experience pulling data, combining & performing analytics with it
- Ability to communicate insights in a way that's consumable by various partners across the enterprise
- Extensive experience writing complex SQL statements
- Exposure to Big Data tools and Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/pyramids and other teams
- Drives for results and manage execution: coordinate, prioritize, establish goals, ensure timelines are being met
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; tailors message by audience, handles setbacks and conflicts constructively and diplomatically, and provides essential information to the right people at the right time
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing direction
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems; curious and can leverage data and information to identify root causes
- Desire and ability to learn new data technologies and concepts quickly
- Proficient in SQL, familiarity with R and/or Python
- 2 plus years of industry' experience in stores, and/or Supply Chain process and data analytics
- 4 plus years of experience working in data analytics and reporting
- Assets Protection experience a plus
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $65,600-$118,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.