Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MH & SUDS OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Work Location: Work from home, in the office or hybrid (in the office 3 or more days per week)
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to provide administrative support to the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services (MH & SUDS) Intake and Operations team. Manage administrative functions, sorting of the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services Intake inbox, coordinate schedules and meetings, assist with new staff onboarding, aid with external mailings in office, and provide project support and coordination as necessary.
• Understand applicable policies and procedures of the Mental Health and Substance Use Services Department.
• Monitor faxes, retrieve information, survey prep and processing, coordinate mailing projects both internally and externally, develop and maintain Operations staff 5PM rotation schedule, and separate and combine the monthly IMD report.
• Meetings: Schedule meetings, prepare materials and agendas for meetings (department, internal, and external). Attend meetings as directed by MH & SUDS Ops Leadership and record/transcribe minutes at their discretion. Maintain appropriate filing system for minutes and ensure staff has access to them.
• Support the onboarding of new staff by meeting with MH & SUDS Ops leadership team to help develop initial training/orientation work schedule, create shell of COR document, schedule system trainings with Operations Business Analyst, identify needed supplies for new employee and work with Executive Assistance in ordering supplies.
• Perform copying and scanning as requested based on in-office rotation with other department administrative staff. Work with Mail Services department to ensure department mail processes are updated as necessary.
• Retrieve and/or validate member information in Guiding Care and Health Rules. Serve as back-up support, as needed, for members of the MH & SUDS Operations Team.
• Microsoft Teams: Schedule Microsoft Teams or Audio conference meetings as directed by Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services Leadership.
• Partner with other Executive and Administrative Assistants when scheduling meetings, working to improve efficiencies, learn new processes and pass information along to other staff.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of 2-year secretarial program or college degree preferred.
Two years' administrative/clerical experience. Customer service experience. Extremely proficient PC skills required. Experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Experience in health care or managed care setting. Experience with hospital, clinic, or other health care facilities/providers. Use and understand medical and mental health/substance use disorder terminology, CPT, ICD-10 coding. Project Management experience a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Visio and Project.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 06/02/2022