Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together. Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics
is evolving at a rapid pace. We are constantly reimagining how to get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are operating smarter, better utilizing our resources and leveraging data driven decisions to deliver the convenience and service levels our guest demands. We are driven to win in this competitive, rapidly changing business by providing a differentiated and frictionless guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we rapidly develop and deploy new approaches and processes that improve existing, and enable new capabilities. We are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, practical and comfortable with ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver, who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, and can build and execute effective plans to address? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question "What if ... ?". This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise-whether it's people, process, technology, or data-will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. About the Job
Transform Target's material handling automation systems to highly automated systems with robotics and transportation systems that are not tied to or require linear product flow. These systems are to have high levels of redundancy and operate in a matrixed flow. Teams work together to ensure a full-service technical solution that meets operational needs and that is sustainable and supported in future years while still having the flexibility and scalability for future change.
The collective team owns the responsibility of the definition of the automation system technologies that will be deployed in Target facilities. The team supports all automation related activities which includes implementation and sustainability as well as any other automation integration activity that will help grow Target business.
We are seeking a UX Designer who is able to jump in and contribute to Target's Supply Chain visualization and user interface for automation. If you're a UX Designer with a passion for software design, cutting-edge technologies, massive scale, and solving challenging problems - then this career opportunity and team is for you!
The Lead Automation UX Designer will:
- Set UX strategy and vision for the team
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and pixel-tweaking with engineers
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our Team Members in their everyday work
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within and across products
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
- Provide design expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks
Experience that sets you apart
- 6+ years of experience in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design preferred, but level of proficiency is more important to us
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience desired
- Experience conducting user testing and basic research
- Strategy and thought leadership, engaging product and engineering partners
- Deep knowledge of human-centered design craft
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (We use Figma)
- Able to navigate complexity and make sense of ambiguity
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Experience building relationships with many cross-functional partners
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
- 2+ years of Supply Chain experience
- SCADA and HMI design experience
- Experience applying Service Design methodologies
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $118,200 - $212,800 . Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.