Regional Manager - PM
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Regional Manager position for our portfolio of Senior and Family communities in St. Paul and the greater Twin Cities Metro area. The Regional Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of fiscally sound, well maintained and socially healthy housing communities and provides leadership and guidance to property staff. An excellent communicator, problem solver, with ability to maximize property performance and meet budgeted goals.
- Hires, trains, mentors, and manages team, partnering with Human Resources as needed
- Assists with development of effective resident services program.
- Provides advisement/direction on resident issues.
- Works with affiliate board and site staff on creating plans for preserving the site’s long-term affordability.
- Represents the site and corporation to public agencies and the community.
- Provides feedback of site status/progress to upper management.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Reviews, and abides by all terms of the Management Agreements.
- Stays abreast of all compliance issues and code issues.
- Monitors and provides complete and accurate documentation of all appropriate regulatory requirements. Including HUD, Fair Housing, OSHA, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fair housing, ADA, all physical requirements, including but not limited to pool rules, fencing, lighting, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all CommonBond Housing policies and procedures.
- Meets department benchmarks for occupancy, and 97% economic occupancy
- Coordinates with property managers to write effective marketing plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 98% occupancy rate.
- Drafts and secures arrival for annual operating plan and budget for resident/owner board.
- Reviews and approves capital expenditures and service contracts
- Completes budget packages and reports for outside owners and regulatory agencies, including narrative summaries, market analysis, forecasting, and capital needs projections.
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major maintenance issues/projects.
- • Inspects properties regularly and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Summarizes current concerns and plans of action for improving performance. • Provides written analysis as needed and as requested.
- Assists with developing and then monitoring all procedures to ensure completeness and timeliness.
- Prepares quarterly site visit report a minimum of once a quarter.
- Walk grounds, vacant units and common areas including assessing signage, lighting and parking surfaces.
- Keeps abreast of timeframe of turning units, adjusts performance as needed to achieve 24-hour turnaround
- Supports team in timely completion of resident service requests
- All other duties as assigned or apparent
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Analytical capability and methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Solid skills and experience with training, mentoring and motivating site managers and staff.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance.
- Three years of experience of multi-site management.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and able to travel extensively between sites.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITILES
- Establish goals; analyze history.
- Solve occupancy problems in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with the director of property management to communicate issues and plans of action for resolution.
- Develop, coordinate, communicate and adjust operating plan/management plans as needed to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Proficient in YARDI.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Use of hands and arms to use a computer keyboard, adding machine and calculator.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property inspections and tours.