Technical Product Lead (TPL) - Scrum Product Owner
Today, DRC’s business units serve the K-12 and adult education sector, Federal and state governments, licensure boards and associations, and commercial clients worldwide!
DRC has more than thirty years of proven experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (Ed Tech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We desire to provide modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress.
Technical Product Lead
The Technical Product Lead (TPL) partners with a business unit / domain owner in the design, development, and implementation of digital solutions. Acting as the Scrum Product Owner, they are the conscience of their product(s) and the steward of their delivery team(s), and as such, are responsible for driving the successful delivery of new products and new product versions. The TPL is also responsible for helping the team to define, manage, and implement innovative digital products that are responsive to both markets demands and the needs of our existing customers.
Attributes of a successful TPL:
- Responsible for driving the successful delivery of new products and product versions.
- Develop the technical product roadmap in partnership with business domain owners.
- Maintain the product backlog, collaborating on backlog items across multiple complex and cross-functional feature/ service areas.
- Partner with the business stakeholders to develop a vision, strategy, and feature backlog for digital product(s).
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and work with implementation teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Facilitate Release Planning readiness by preparing vision and backlogs that drive the Release.
- Establish and communicate release cadences for their product(s).
- Manages the end-to-end lifecycle(s) of complex products spanning multiple areas.
- Manage integration with other digital platforms (internal and external).
- Partner with Architecture and Engineering to ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Partner with the business around knowledge transfer and training on new product features.
- Provides work direction to product team members.
- Facilitates product team discussions; asks appropriate questions; identifies gaps in the product plan; identifies assumptions; manages risk; negotiates disagreements; finds creative solutions.
- Coordinates communication with all stakeholders.
- Adheres to and enforces internal product processes and procedures.
- Coaches and mentors others.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or comparable certification strongly preferred
- 3+ years product management experience with a successful track record of delivery
- Experience in Information Technology and business analysis
- Experience with change management/release management
- Experience as an administrator or technology coordinator in an educational setting
- Direct experience facilitating or coordinating online or paper-based standardized testing
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position
No Agencies, Please
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
www.drccareers.com or www.datarecognitioncorp.com
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V