About this Opportunity:
As a Fortune 500 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
A role in Sourcing
means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we're mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment.
As an Associate Sourcing Manager, you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to deliver outstanding owned-brand products to our guests. You will assist in driving sourcing strategies that align to strategic business goals and the critical needs of the relevant category. You will utilize data and analytics to help Target achieve our value and financial plans. You will assist in managing a supplier matrix and country of production strategies that elevate performance, boost profit, drive speed to market and deliver on sustainability commitments.
Data & Analysis
- Synthesize data from multiple sources and departments
- Report financial roll ups at department and division level
- Review information to ensure data is complete and accurate
- Develop metrics to report on department and division KPIs
Planning & Production Management
- Provide flexibility through managing negotiations of chase/cancel/shift /fabric inventories in response to Merchant needs, supporting speed and flexibility
- Partner with Fabric Sourcing, Inventory and Global Supply Planning to execute annual commits and contingency planning
- Partner with Sourcing Managers and Project Manager on calendar shifts and unique calendar timing by vendor
- Identify solutions for potential raw materials liabilities
- Elevate supplier matrix by evaluating capabilities, lead times, and flexibility and providing consistent feedback for SPA (supplier performance assessment)
Forecasting & Negotiations
- Analyze cost components and the global raw material market to provide data to support negotiations
- Perform category costing deep dives to understand should costs and bring recommendations to the CFT
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, as well as demonstrated excel skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work in a growth environment
- Conflict management skills
- Respects, appreciates and value diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.