Steel Prep Operator - Midnight Shift
This position is a full-time hourly position. Shift schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 10pm - 6am.
- Shift Differential Pay
- Overtime as needed
Job Summary: Assemble necessary material, prints, parts, etc. needed to complete current job orders. Transport parts and assemblies to and from assembly, steep prep and weld shop departments when needed. Assist department with prepping material for welding, fabricating small parts and assist in machine shop when necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with the weld shop foreman to establish priorities.
- Organize prints, all necessary parts and materials for work orders.
- Transport needed materials from cutting and bending or assembly to proper location within the weld shop.
- Ensure proper identification of material and paperwork before and during transportation between departments.
- Ensure all completed assemblies and proper paperwork are delivered to the proper areas.
- Cuts blocks and assists with other projects in machining.
- Support fabricators with small jobs.
- Tack small jobs together and prep parts for welding.
- Remove mill scale from parts where necessary.
- Operate steel prep equipment such as press brake, shears, torches, hydraulic saw, drill presses, MIG welder, forklifts, overhead cranes, and other equipment provided.
- Ensure accuracy and quality, following company procedures and specifications.
- Report any production problems to Steel Prep Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Assist in other areas of production as needed and qualified.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project or training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment written math test.
- Knowledge of basic math skills to read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow instructions using SP’s.
- Good at problem solving and finding solutions.
- Basic Computer knowledge needed.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment written math test, physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application
- Required: High School Diploma or GED with 1 years of experience or 2-year tech degree.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.