Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will be responsible for technical design and development of near-real-time data streaming ingest applications and integrations. If you are a software developer with a passion for data, cutting-edge technology, and enterprise level solutions, this opportunity is for you! Development efforts will include applications to collect, aggregate, and visualize data to accurately depict the inventory of, and dependencies between, Target's technology inventory. Data will come from multiple sources using multiple methods, including SQL queries, API calls, and Kafka topics. You'll also be responsible for exposing our aggregated data as a service for others to consume (API & Kafka). In this role, you will establish partnerships with key platform service providers ("X as a Service" teams) to ensure alignment and accuracy of information. Technology:
- Ansible, Chef
- JVM languages (JAVA, Groovy, Kotlin)
- REST API
- Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Graph Database
- Test Automation
- CI/CD tools
- 4 years degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Apply your skills, experience, and talents to groundbreaking thinking to achieve truly visionary goals.
- Experience with infrastructure automation/provisioning toolsets: Ansible, Chef
- Experience with administration of the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats, etc...)
- Administration and Tuning for Unix / Linux / CentOS
- Experience on implementing microservices using JVM languages
- Knowledgeable about end-to-end CI/CD solutions and technologies: Webhooks, Jenkins, Drone, Vela, Docker, Kubernetes,
- Build and maintain a data platform that can answer the Operations, Security, and Technology ownership questions of Target's technology inventory.
- Employ test driven development and continuous integration practices to develop software and systems.
- Contribute to discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology and data availability
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,400-$146,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.