This position is an hourly part-time position and is not eligible for benefits. Weekly Schedule: Mon - Fri, 10am - 2pm with a 15 minute break.
Job Summary: Responsible for all receptionist and administration duties. This position will answer and direct phone calls, greet customers/vendors, do data entry tasks, scan files, be the back-up to our accounts payable and receivable positions. They will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impressions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Greeting and welcoming guests and providing them with a positive first impression of the organization.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges and PPE).
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail/deliveries.
- Prepare mailings with postage, use of postage meter and delivery to post office.
- Type memos, letters and other correspondences.
- Assist accounting staff with filing, data entry, photo copying, scanning and special projects.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials.
- Back-up to accounts payable and receivable positions.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs related work or job duties as required by supervisor/manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines, printers, copy machines and computers)
- Work under pressure, establish priorities, and perform other duties while answering the telephone
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Must be detailed orientated, multitask, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means
- Provide great phone etiquette while maintaining courteous and professional behavior
- Demonstrate maturity, cooperation, confidentiality and discretion
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug, alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an office position.