Maintenance Technician II
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Maintenance Technician II position at our Crown Ridge property located in Minnetonka, MN. The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician II is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units, and completing preventative maintenance.
- Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, plumbing, appliances and windows.
- Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks and general upkeep.
- Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Prepares vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Interacts with residents, vendors and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Clear, concise communication with property manager and regional maintenance supervisor on work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order and unit turnover status, on-call work and preventative maintenance.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
Performs other projects as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2-year Technical Degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1 year maintenance/trades experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Good interpersonal skills
- Special Boiler License or ability to obtain
- Valid driver’s license
- Must provide own hand tools
- Basic computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours worked on internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products
- Access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to work on call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience or training in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and preventative maintenance
- Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”
- Ability to self-direct
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather