Star Tribune is seeking to hire a full-time Mechanic for our Fleet Department. The Mechanic performs scheduled preventative maintenance, necessary repairs to truck (light and heavy) and cargo vans. Disassembles and overhauls motors, transmissions, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies. The Mechanic works with a high degree of independence. Uniforms provided. Four 10 hour shifts per week! We are also offering a $3000 sign on bonus!
Star Tribune remains open as an essential business so that we can keep communities and individuals informed during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Star Tribune will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
- Diagnose failures
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Maintain vehicle records and complete necessary documents
- Answer road calls
- Review driver’s pre-trip inspection slips
- Schedule includes nights and weekends
- CDL-A or CDL-B preferred
- Mechanical knowledge of gas, propane, and diesel repair
- Experience with hydraulic and air brake systems
- Knowledge of internal combustible engines
- Proficient using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- ASE Certification/Technical School a plus, but not required.
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus, but not required.
Schedule: Four 10 hour shifts per week. Mechanic shifts include nights and weekends.
Starting pay: This is a union position with a starting pay of $32.00
- $3,000 hiring bonus paid in installments.
Mechanics must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or granted an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief.
Mechanic offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.
Star Tribune is committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Star Tribune is a Veteran Friendly employer.