Field Office Assistant
Under the direction of the Director of Field Services, the Field Office Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide a full range of support services (logistics, administrative office support, event management, member communications, etc.) to the Education Minnesota Field staff and local leaders. This position serves as the initial contact for members of the organization.
Education Minnesota is a member-led labor union that has identified racial equity and social justice as primary organizational goals. All staff are expected to participate, individually and collectively, in ongoing training, discussions, and activities to advance these goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support for Field staff, work groups and assigned committees.
- Collect and manage information in various recordkeeping systems, including accurate membership and dues assessment data.
- Maintain confidential information related to private member data and grievance, arbitration, and legal matters.
- Communicate regularly with members on a variety of topics.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, maintain calendars, note important dates, route correspondence and maintain follow-up communications.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures, including office supply inventory.
- Serve as point of first contact for individuals calling or visiting Field offices, initiating appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Maintain and handle facsimile, scanning and copying needs.
- Schedule workshops, training sessions, member meetings, legislative forums, and regional meetings.
- Collaborate with staff in other departments on events and projects.
- Maintain, operate, and manage electronic and paper documents.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas, flyers, and newsletters.
- Prepare billings for workshops and appropriate expenses; maintains related records.
- Use initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to a delegated authority during a Field Staff’s absence.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Accurate typing, transcribing, and computer skills.
- Good public relations, communications, telephone, and personal skills.
- Ability to perform work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directions.
- Recordkeeping and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of good workflow, capable of quick change from project to project.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently in accomplishing objectives, goals and meeting numerous deadlines.
- Foresight and initiative to manage a cyclical workflow.
- Ability to use or learn online meeting platforms.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years related work experience
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination card). If you have a medical exemption, you will be asked to provide a written waiver from your medical provider. If you have a religious objection, you will be asked to provide documentation stating your religious objection.
- An associate’s degree in a related field
- Experience working in public education or unions
- Intermediate level of skill with Excel
Maintain confidential information related to the organization, members and potential members, and staff.
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
- Personal computer
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Internet and browser software
Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically, lift and carry up to 5 pounds; occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
Willingness to work overtime (including nights and weekends) as needed.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications; merit and business need with preference given to people of color.
POSTING DEADLINE: Position will remain open until filled.
Apply using this link: