Job Summary: Responsible for design and offer technical assistance for customized products. Manage multiple projects, designs and layouts effectively and efficiently. Responsible for designing, creating, and producing custom machines, fixtures, models, and prototypes. Report directly to the R&D manager daily on project updates and status. Give project presentations, when needed, to internal and external sources.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for designing custom radiators, oil coolers, and heat exchangers.
- Follow corporate application engineering policy through design, quoting, drafting, and production support.
- Consult with External Customers, Customer Service, and Sales to acquire necessary information to ensure properly designed quality unit.
- Remain updated on current information and requirements from engine manufacturers and suppliers.
- Participate in require field tests to verify acceptable cooling system design.
- Responsible for scheduling and accounting for all associated travel and expenses.
- Assist sales and other departments with special projects such as field problems and/or cooling complaints.
- Provide technical support and primary engineering coverage for assigned engineering support accounts and sales.
- Responsible for file documentation including design requirements, calculations, drawings and correspondence with customers and others for design verification.
- Review design changes when required and initiate drawing and/or process revision.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs other related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete a project.
Knowledge, Sills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, detail oriented, and strong initiative.
- Knowledge of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Flexibility to work weekends occasionally, if needed, be self-motivated and problem solver.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with SolidWorks Software.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application
- Currently working towards Engineering Degree
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing or similar industry.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate Software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.