Description: JOB TITLE: Sr Corporate Security ConsultantClassification: Exempt Date: April 2022About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.
A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target's crises operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
The Sr Corporate Security Consultant leads strategic oversight of Corporate Security physical design for all Headquarter locations throughout the world. In addition, this role is responsible for leading strategic Corporate Security inititives through the project management lifecycle. The role is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying physical security solutions that ensure for a secure and resilient working environment.
- Lead the creation and execution of the physical security strategy, partnering with cross-functional partners and leadership to ensure priorities and projects align.
- Evaluate new and existing physical security processes, procedures and technologies that drive continuous improvement and alignment across all locations.
- Develop and implement recommendations that optimize and innovate our Headquarter locations.
- Define, document and implement physical security practices and integrate into existing environment to ensure cohesion and clarity.
- Provide subject matter expertise consultation with internal partners to make effective decisions surrounding physical security controls.
- Deliver project communication and updates to stakeholders, sponsors, and senior management to keep key decision makers informed of progress of deliverables, issues, change management, etc.
- Participate in and facilitate benchmarking discussions with industry partners and consultants; implement innovative changes that align or exceed with physical security industry standards.
- Lead and manage the work of contractors that are responsible for the implementation of the physical security controls to ensure all projects are within budget and timelines laid out by the projects.
- Lead special projects/initiatives as assigned.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a highly dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to maximize relationships in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving change
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrates courage with difficult issues despite personal risk; takes risks and champions new ideas
- Intermediate-level project management skills
- High comfort level with ambiguity and change management
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Physical secuirty and design
- Project Management
- Data analysis and management
- Security technology experience (IP video, access control, intrusion, etc.)
- Security and risk management experience
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.