Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from home
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible for providing telephonic health coaching and education to members living with chronic conditions. Assist in efforts to improve HEDIS rates, improve health outcomes, support the CMS Chronic Care Improvement Program, NCQA accreditation and CMS Stars initiatives.
• Provide individual telephonic health coaching and management to members with chronic conditions.
• Utilize motivational interviewing, active listening and health behavior change techniques during telephonic coaching sessions with members
• Assist members in reaching personal health related goals.
• Provide education to member as it relates to their chronic condition.
• Accept and provide referrals to/from disease management, case management, hospitals, clinics, delegate/vendor partners and other available resources.
• Communicate regularly with members, providers, case managers and other health care team members also engaged in the members' care.
• Implement strategies to reach and maintain DM program goals, improve HEDIS rates, and support the CMS Chronic Care Improvement Program, NCQA accreditation, Population Health and CMS Star Ratings.
• Utilize the clinical documentation system to manage member program interactions. Documentation is accurate, thorough and timely.
• Assist in the development and ongoing support of measurement systems to evaluate DM program outcomes and processes. Assist Disease Management Manager with data for the monthly report as requested.
• Implement health coaching for members of various socioeconomic and cultural groups.
• Serve as a resource to staff, providers and members enrolled in UCare administered DM programs. Provide ongoing education and information about DM programs as requested.
• Assist in the development of DM educational materials used for health coaching purposes.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or higher in health education, health promotion, nursing, nutrition, social work or other health related field. Current unrestricted certification/license in specific field, if applicable.
Two years' experience in disease management or chronic condition management. Experience with individual behavior change management and motivational interviewing. Experience working with individuals who have chronic conditions that foster self-management.
Managed care experience with a focus on health coaching individuals with co-morbid conditions. Experience working with multi-cultural and variable socioeconomic populations highly desired. Health coaching certification.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 07/01/2022