Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Right along with Target's distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who's curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you'll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms-including Target.com and the store network's fulfillment capabilities. Here, you'll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience.
The data entered into our item setup systems can make or break a positive experience for our guest. It's the mission of the Data Quality team, using best in class data governance checks, to reduce and improve friction points for our guest on Target.com and in stores. As a Data Quality Specialist, you would join a global industry leading team, specializing in data management and governance. You would focus on large data quality initiatives, handling data remediation and help guide Target towards a preventative state for data quality issues in the future.Core Tasks:
- Own category driven data quality projects, partnering with data quality analysts, remediating Target.com items and providing learnings to improve future projects.
- Analyze feedback received from guests on Target.com items, own the remediation of any quality related issues and provide recommendations to minimize future occurrences of similar issues.
- Initiate self-discovery of data quality and governance opportunities for Target, through KPI metric trend analysis and partner engagement.
- Lead the Data Quality weekly action meetings, which consistent of team of 15-20 Item Data Specialists and provide guidance to the Target India IDA's on priorities for the week.
- Organize and direct the data remediation process by setting clear deliverables and deadlines
- Own category item inaccuracy, discover the root cause and provide insights back to the data quality analyst team to minimize future occurrences.
- Lead and work large maintenance initiatives submitted by the data quality team and partner teams across Target. Deliver on-time and accurate execution of the submitted request.
- Engage cross functional teams (CFT), influencing partners to think through data quality impact of their work and lead remediation initiatives from CFT work.
- Act as a coach for new contractor hires to MIT, training DQ and maintenance processes.
- 2+ years of digital and/or item setup experience.
- Interest or experience in data manipulation and analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Can assess and remediate data, in large volumes, quickly and effectively.
- Ability to represent Item and Item priorities across CFT's
- Willingness to embrace ambiguity and remain flexible
- Naturally curious and self-starter; enjoys researching root issues - asking "what's next" and initiating outcomes.
- Create Intentional outcomes on short term assignments.
- Leveraging knowledge and expertise to create or enhance process where there are gaps.
- Ability to persuade, influence change through credibility and communication skills.
- Excel and DOMO experience preferred, not required.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $23.32 - 41.97/Hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.