Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world's most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role with Target Printing Services means leveraging print skills to create the in-store promotional messages that help guests get the most value out of their Target runs. As a Quality Assurance Manager
working within Target Printing Services, you'll own end to end production quality start to finish.
- Responsible for creation, implementation, and communication of all quality assurance within standard operating procedures.
- Owns correcting quality gaps within production by owning and reviewing metrics, identifying opportunities in processes, and implementing solutions as needed to maintain high standards.
- Provides input and recommendations to management on process and/or procedural improvements. At times, will lead process improvement efforts.
- Owns quality for outputs across all equipment in partnership with Production Managers.
- Investigate customers' needs and develop a strategy for meeting their needs with partnership of Project Planners.
- Provides interface and support to customer quality issues and concerns. Facilitates an effect response and leads a course of action for problem resolution.
- Routinely check active jobs within all points of production to ensure final product meets all quality expectations. This includes Root Cause analysis, Customer press checks, and Product Inspections.
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with all Quality and Environmental standards.
- Performs a variety of tasks through collaboration with Sr Management.
- This role contributes to/influences the positive culture of the building
- Onsite schedule with some flexibility in order to best support quality.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- High school diploma or GED
- Variety of experience within Litho, digital, and bindery equipment.
- Quality conscious
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, E-mail, Publisher and Excel) spreadsheet applications. Exposure to other computer software such as manifest or plant data collection.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High level of ability to work effectively with team members and managers/supervisors and the ability to convey a positive and professional image to customers.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills in both oral and written format.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.