JOIN TARGET AS A LEAD SCALA DEVELOPER - ENTERPRISE DIGITAL SIGNAGE
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely! We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation and a Tech culture of continuous learning. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies, the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores.
As a Lead Engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a "force multiplier".
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help us advanced our Digital Marketing strategy for Target. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build a platform that will have direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners and significant revenue driver for Target. You will get an opportunity to build an engineering solution for delivering personalized messages to guests across multiple channels including web, emails and other social channels. Be part of a team that is not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also driving topline growth for Target!
Enterprise Signing System (ESS) supports Marketing in a systematic way to create signs that drive guest value perception which are consistent, simple, and creatively flexible. Along with better guest perception, this product support's streamlined processes for Merchant and Marketing Team's ultimately reducing signing expenses and waste by eliminating redundant work. ESS has the capability to process Circular & E-batches of different sizes for promotional sizes on regular intervals and supports user driven batching capability to create promotional batches. ESS has integrations with Target applications to fetch Promotions, item, store locations and price details to generate promotional signs of different sizes for different Target stores by applying business rules and aggregates the data at different level.
· Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
· Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including relational database and conceptual understanding of at least one NoSQL storage.
· Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
· Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
· 4 year degree or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
· Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities or key competitors' products and differentiating features
· Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
· Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
· Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
· Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
· Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
· Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
· Demonstrated experience building stream-processing systems using Storm or Spark-Streaming
· Experience with Scala preferred
· Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools such as Pig, Hive and Impala
· Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
· Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
· Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
· Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
· Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
· Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services
· Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
· Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
· Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that is not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $105,800-$190,400
. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.