Description: JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A LEAD ENGINEER - RED TEAM
(Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love is a culture of continual innovation, and right now we are up to big things!
The Cyber Fusion Center is the heart of Target's security team and a place where innovation happens daily. Interested in a culture that combines invention and creative freedom, ongoing learning, engineering excellence, and stellar outcomes? We are too - that's why we work here. Join our team to work on ops that drive real change by leveraging adversary behavior to communicate discovered risk effectively, and benefit from continuous development and research.
About Red Team
Target's Red Team uses adversary emulation and simulation to train defenders, and measure the processes and technology defending the organization. We collaborate heavily between teams as we drive organizational improvement. Our objective-driven operations are supplemented with direct training and development, purple team work, and consulting within the company on security risk.
As a Red Team Lead Engineer, you will develop and conduct operations, lead and grow team members, and influence team direction.
- Design and execute adversary emulation and simulation operations
- Conduct research into real-world threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures to develop and document proof-of-concept tools and playbooks
- Bypass preventative and detective security controls to accomplish operational goals
- Partner with the Cyber Security Incident Response Team and other stakeholders in the organization to identify improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with Cyber Threat Intelligence, Detection, and Threat Hunting engineers and analysts on research
- Work with non-security engineering teams to educate, and collaborate on operational objectives
- Lead and train operators
- Present findings and operational work to groups in a clear and professional manner
- Partner with other Team Members to improve tools and procedures
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience in offensive security and/or defensive security
- Strong offensive security knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep competence in Windows internals and native tools
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the impact of Red Team work on an organization and its customers
- Seeks out cross-team collaboration opportunities
- Resolves complex technical issues with minimal assistance
- Stays current on relevant technologies with self-directed learning
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
The salary range is $85,400-$153,700.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.