Maintenance Technician I
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Maintenance Technician I position at our Granada Lakes Townhomes in Oakdale, MN. The primary responsibility of a Maintenance Technician I is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units, and completing preventative maintenance.
- Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, plumbing, appliances, and windows.
- Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks, and general upkeep.
- Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Prepares vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on-call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Interacts with residents, vendors, and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Clear, concise communication with the property manager and regional maintenance supervisor on the work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order, unit turnover status, on-call work, and preventative maintenance.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Apartment maintenance experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Basic computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours worked on internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work on-call, on weekends and on the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience or training in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and preventative maintenance.
- Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull.
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather.