Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You'll be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and support.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with knowledge Agile methodologies and a knack for visual design and utility.Responsibilities
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications following UX visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Work on proof of concepts.
- Responsible for delivering working software of highest quality, meeting specifications and agreed timelines.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- This will also require working as a Scrum team member if needed in an Agile Scrum model, and to interact closely with multiple stakeholders like Product Owner, System Architects, Management, dependent Scrum teams, Devops, etc.
- Provide estimates of user stories in Story Points, and detailed task estimates in hours.
- Responsible for fixing product defects and attending to critical production issues.
- Responsible for fostering innovation.
- Work with infrastructure, security, and other partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Confirmed expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns. DDD, Microservices, CQRS knowledge will have advantage
- Validated experience using code versioning tools such as Git etc
- Proven expertise in core Java, Kotlin, Spring framework
- Working knowledge of RESTful web services, Kafka messaging service, EI frameworks like apache fuse
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed systems and how they are deferent from traditional monolith applications
- Proficient in writing unit and integration tests with JUnit and Spring test framework
- Hands-on experience in No SQL & SQL data bases (preferably Postgres, Mongo DB)
- Working ability of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth2
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail, Organizational skills, An analytical mind
Nice to have
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Elastic Search
- Mongo DB
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.