Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Sr. Manager in Target Tech's Rollout & Deployment, you will deliver value by implementing technical solutions in our Stores, Supply Chain Centers, and Headquarters location that enable Target strategies to come to life. You will be responsible for aligning hardware technology implementations to a schedule that minimizes site disruption while prioritizing what is best for our guests and team members. You will provide guidance to project managers making relevant technology implementation solution decisions while partnering across multiple business pyramids. The key to the success of this position is having a proven strong and innovative approach to problem solving through large technical program and project experience, retail business knowledge, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility in leadership style, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.Key Responsibilities
- Deliver on Target Strategic Priorities through hardware technical installation projects in New Stores, Remodel Stores, Stores Special Projects, Supply Chain Logistics, and Headquarters locations
- Provide thought leadership and influence with business partners such as Product Teams, Store Operations, Distribution Operations and Target Properties
- Lead a team of high caliber project managers and inform on resource allocation strategy, including short term demand driven contractor roles
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for and ensure standards around technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all business initiated technology requests adheres to Rollout & Deployment standards
• Understands basic retail functions and the specific organizational functions of the area supported
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years leadership experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quicklyAmericans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.