Site Front Desk Assistant
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Site Front Desk Assistant position at our Skyline Tower in Saint Paul. The Site Front Desk Assistant is responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones, keeping the building secure, and providing administrative support to the property manager and other site staff.
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls, visitors, and residents and takes phone messages.
- Answers general inquiries about programs, services, site amenities, and promotes the site to the general public.
- Maintains confidentiality of all correspondence or documents.
- Follows all policies and procedures to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintains resident relations to insure proper image of the site, staff, and CommonBond Communities.
- Refers residents to services staff and programs as needed.
- Provides access to building as appropriate for emergency personnel, service deliveries, etc. as needed.
- Attends to building janitorial needs as directed or in response to an emergency.
- Maintains the visitor sign in log book and updates management staff of visitor issues.
- Maintains the key sign out log for program services.
- Receives and assists with resident complaints and reports to property or assistant property manager.
- Assists with recording resident requests for maintenance work.
- Addresses resident concerns in a timely manner and reports them to property manager.
- Complies with all fair housing laws.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Two years experience working with front desk/property monitoring environment or equivalent.
- Knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel,) applications.
- Detail-oriented; able to manage multiple projects and/or tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an accurate filing and record-keeping system.
- Knowledge and ability to work with diverse, economic, racial, and cultural population.
- Knowledge of safety and security processes and procedures.
- De-escalation and negotiating techniques.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to answer a multi-line phone system
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to reach above and below shoulders.
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel and stoop.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb steps, indoors and outdoors in daylight and evening hours.