Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
CARE COORDINATOR TEAM SUPERVISOR
Work Location: Work from home or hybrid (in the office 3 or more days per week).
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to oversee daily operations of the team and refer department issues to the Care Management Manager. Participate in the hiring and direct supervision of care management staff for assigned product(s). Collaborate with the Clinical Operations Manager to coordinate new employee orientation and evaluate care management staff development needs. Mentor, coach, and evaluate individual staff performance. Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of care management activities to ensure quality services and compliance with contractual requirements. The team supervisor may be assigned a member caseload at the discretion of the Care Management Manager.
• Oversee assigned product team in the performance of care management activities including identification of members needing care management services, timely performance of care management assessments, development and implementation of care plans, and evaluation of member care outcomes.
• Assign members to care managers based on staff caseload size, member needs, and staff competency. Ensure members are assigned per protocol for assigned product(s), regulatory and/or accreditation requirements, timely member assessments, and equal distribution of care manager workload.
• Monitor delivery of care management services. Ensure care management records meet contractual requirements. Review and evaluate care management staff documentation of assessments, care plans, and care coordination activities, audit member records, monitor staff productivity, identify system barriers and possible solutions.
• Provide training, supervision, and staff development to enhance the knowledge and skills of care management staff. Train care management staff on requirements for assigned product(s) and corresponding care management processes, establish regularly scheduled one to one staff supervision at a minimum frequency of monthly to review and evaluate appropriateness of case management services and case management activities, establish regularly scheduled team meetings, assist with problem solving complex member care issues, conduct supervisory oversight of staff/member interactions at least annually. This may be via home visit or telephonic member interaction, depending on assigned product(s), report quality issues to manager, monitor problems on the team and ensure confidentiality of all member data, giving input and suggestions for improvement to the manager.
• Participate in implementing UCare strategy for care management in new markets and new products.
• Participate in administrative meetings as assigned by the Care Management Manager.
• Provide direct care management services to members based on current department caseload and the organization's business needs. Care Manager duties and responsibilities are described in the care manager position description.
• Ensure Transition of Care case management activities occur per the product care model and requirements.
• Perform operational duties related to specific products as assigned.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
B.S.in nursing or BA in social work or related field. RN diploma or Associate RN degree plus case management certification may be considered. Current Minnesota license as an RN or licensed social worker required. Required licensure is dependent upon contractual obligations that are determined by assigned product(s).
Three years' experience in care coordination/case management across the continuum of health care (hospital, clinic, nursing home, home care). One year of supervisory experience.
Experience working with multi-cultural and underserved populations desired.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 07/22/2022