Resident Assistant (Part-Time)
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Part Time
Ecumen Centennial House is hiring a Resident Assistant. Ecumen Centennial House consists of 44 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 35 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services, and is located in Apple Valley, Minnesota.
This position qualifies for a $500 Sign On Bonus! No experience required, we provide on the job training!
- Pay starts at $16.22/hour & increases with experience
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota’s 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident’s physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.
- Day shift - 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Evening shift - 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Overnight shift - 10:30 pm to 7:00 am
- Positions include working every other weekend & rotating holidays
- Competitive Wages
- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Paid Time Off (for those scheduled 40 hours + per pay period)
- Beautiful Campus
- 401k Retirement with Generous Matching Program
- Collaborative & Highly Engaged Team
- Robust Training & Mentoring
- Other Perks!
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.
- Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.
- Orients and coaches assigned employees.
- Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.
- Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.
- Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.
Qualifications: Resident Assistant
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 17 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma, GED or Higher
- Previous experience with working with seniors
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA and/or Home Health Aide
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.