Ecumen Pathstone is hiring a Cook Assistant. Ecumen Pathstone is a campus community offering comprehensive care services. Ecumen Pathstone consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, adult day services, and independent living. Ecumen also offers homecare, hospice, as well as a supply store- all within the Mankato, MN area.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota’s 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Cook Assistant is responsible for assisting with food preparation, serving and cleanup. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations.
Schedule: Every Other Saturday and Sunday 3-7p
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assists in meal preparation duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, organizing food and supplies, preparation of food, serving of meals, and clean-up.
- Completes required prep work; following correct procedures and directions. Upon completion of training, properly operates food equipment as allowed by law, used in dietary department.
- Assists all workers and positions in the dining department; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.
- Follows safety and sanitation rules; recognizes and acts on safety hazards and reports problems to supervisor.
- Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
High School Diploma or GED
Food Service experience
Serv-safe sanitation certificate
Senior care experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our residents, patients and staff is one of our highest priorities at Ecumen. To ensure we are complying with CMS guidelines, this position requires candidates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit for an exemption request prior to starting employment.
We participate in E-Verify.