Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
VICE PRESIDENT, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & DIGITAL DELIVERY
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As the Vice President, Information Technology and Digital Delivery, you will be responsible for providing a vision and direction for Digital Delivery and Information Technology (IT) at UCare. You will oversee the design, development and implementation of company-wide technology programs, applications and infrastructure. In addition, you will be responsible to ensure appropriate security safeguards are in place, optimal service delivery of services and projects, and financial stewardship. Develop and retain a high-performing and actively engaged IT leadership team and staff.
• Execute the technology vision and strategy. Ensure that technology delivery and investments are aligned with business strategies. Evaluate and recommend opportunities for technology to advance strategic provider relationships, member and provider experience, health outcomes, regulatory requirements, and organizational efficiency.
• Collaborate with the IT Business Partner to engage and partner with contracted application hosting vendors ensuring UCare's priorities, projects and service levels are being consistently delivered on time and within approved budgets.
• Partner with the Chief Enterprise Architect to implement an enterprise-wide technology architecture practice that enables seamless, secure data movement across multiple platforms and constituents utilizing appropriate technologies.
• Partner with the Vice President, Chief Experience Officer and the Vice President, Chief Marketing & Digital Officer on strategies and plans to improve our digital experience.
• Oversee the Information Technology functions to ensure that projects and services are estimated appropriately and delivered in a timely, cost-effective, and high-quality manner.
• In partnership with PMO leadership, facilitate a process to ensure Portfolio programs and projects are prioritized based on organizational priorities, operational needs, regulatory requirements, and other organizational needs.
• Quantify and track IT human and financial resource requirements based on organizational priorities and investments. Ensure optimal use of internal resources and supplemental staffing including offshore resources.
• Develop, monitor and communicate metrics and scorecards to measure IT services. Create and implement improvement plans as needed.
• Retain, recruit and develop high-performing IT leaders and staff. Provide coaching and recognition opportunities and create a workplace culture that ensure a positive work environment and actively engaged team.
• Maintain effective and collaborative relationships with senior leaders, operational leaders and external/internal partners and stakeholders.
• Ensure the IT department meets or exceeds internal service standards and delivers reliable, secure, cost-quality technology solutions and services. Continually look for and implement opportunities to improve IT operations and services.
• Oversee the development/refreshing of UCare's IT infrastructure to ensure it meets the needs of the organization, is strong, secure, and scalable.
• Ensure UCare systems and data are secure consistent with regulatory requirements and organizational standards. Provide updates on the status of the security program to UCare executives and Board members as appropriate.
• Oversee our innovation office to ensure that we are evolving with appropriate technologies and tools to reduce cost and improve effectiveness
• Partner with the Vice President, Chief Informatics Officer to oversee the data ecosystem and data analytics strategy.
• Implement technologies that enable a mobile, flexible workforce while improving collaboration capabilities and employee productivity.
• Establish and maintain healthcare and technology communication networks for gathering applicable information about how other organizations utilize and operate their technology strategies and initiatives.
• Remain abreast of marketplace trends and emerging regulatory requirements related to health plan technology. Educate other leaders about those trends and requirements and develop strategies based on those marketplace changes.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
At least ten years of experience in an IT leadership role, including prior experience in health care or a related industry. Experience developing and implementing an IT vision and strategy that aligns with organizational strategies. Demonstrated success overseeing large, complex multi-year program initiatives. Experience engaging diverse stakeholders to set IT priorities, plan services and developing policies. Excellent understanding of key business and technology disciplines including Data Ecosystems, Data Analytics, Data Governance and Digital Experience.
Prior health plan experience preferred, prior claims system implementation experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 07/25/2022