Yardi Systems Administrator
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Yardi Systems Administrator is responsible for Providing application maintenance, support, and direction for the Yardi software system. Provide application training on standard processes for staff. Create and maintain documentation used for training and procedures. The position is located in at our Central Office located in Saint Paul.
- Maintain Yardi Systems to support property management, finance and accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Complete the set-up of acquired and new properties into the system.
- Working knowledge of affordable property operations.
- Troubleshoot and correct advanced application technical issues.
- Research and test new software versions, service packs, plug ins, and customizations.
- Implement upgrades to application system in conformity to the CommonBond IT governance protocols.
- Acts as an essential contributor to create project plans, propose and implement new software solutions, and to maintain and track approved projects.
- Engages key stakeholders within the organization to implement new Yardi related software solutions and key updates for system changes.
- Ensures database aligns with data governance policies and procedures.
- Formulates teaching outline, determines instructional methods, and conducts training sessions. Instructional methods may include: individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, workshops and brown bag sessions.
- Provide primary application and procedural for new employees.
- Provide follow up and on-going application and procedural training for employees.
- Communicate procedural changes to staff due to system upgrades.
- Organize quarterly meetings for staff to review procedures and Q & A.
- Provides direction to staff regarding standing/employee issues and consults with Human Resources as needed to resolve.
- Hires, trains, and mentors Yardi Specialists and Ledger Specialists in all aspects of systems operation.
- Provide staff with direction to achieve performance goals.
- Assures staff received updated training regularly to ensure proficiency.
- Holds staff meetings to discuss operating issues, provide insight for problem solving and motivation.
- Writes and develops training materials such as training handbooks, instructional material, demonstration models, multimedia Visual aids and reference works.
- Develops, writes, and coordinates training manuals for staff.
- Document Yardi related information due to application changes and procedures.
Maintain a high level of communication with the Director of Applications, CIO, and CBC Yardi System Users
- Communicate the status of issues and repairs in a timely manner.
- Communicate any downtime to appropriate people as soon as possible.
- Update the Director of Applications and Yardi Staff on the status of ongoing issues.
- Communicate software and procedural changes to system users.
- Deploy department-related continuous improvement efforts to ensure effective and efficient work procedures.
- Interacts with Management regarding developmental training of specific employees.
- Provide leadership for staff and ensure that all services and programs delivered meet the needs for resident stability, advancement, and independence.
- Supervise staff responsible for delivery of Advantage Services programs, which includes Stability & Independence, Health & Wellness, Education & Advancement, and Community Building & Engagement.
- Identify, hire, and supervise appropriate personnel.
- Assure site staff receives updated training regularly to ensure proficiency and skill building.
- Promote resident leadership and community building.
- Provides technical support to current property managers throughout the portfolio. Acts as the first point of contact.
- Helps to mentor property managers.
- Works as part of a team to help ensure that company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collection and timely compliance are happening and can help when benchmarks are not being met to bring properties up to speed.
- Operates property within budgeted income and expense guidelines.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Assists or prepares annual budget for the property.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Tracks and evaluates utility costs.
- Prints monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and calculates rent increases.
- Enters all data into YARDI.
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Analytical capability and methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Solid skills and experience with training, mentoring and motivating site managers and staff.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance.
- Three years of experience of multi-site management.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in Managing a Remote Team
- Minimum of 5 years of project-based section 8 (50059) and tax credit subsidy programs.
- An understanding of affordable housing compliance and the related procedures within Yardi Voyager.
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced Yardi systems experience (admin or superuser).
- Proficient in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees. Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience developing procedural manuals.
- Ability and wiliness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrate experience working with a diverse population.
- Software experience:
- Voyager 7S
- SQL report writing
- YSR report writing
- Yardi ETL functionality
- MS Project or similar project tracking tool
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type data into a computer.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to use hands to grasp, twist and pull
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to travel between sites for meetings and training.
- Willingness to occasionally travel including overnight trips as needed.