Roving Property Management Compliance Technician - Milwaukee Region
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
The primary responsibility of the Roving Property Management Compliance Technician (R-PMCT) is to support individual site compliance requirements in order to provide adherence to all program requirements. The Roving – PMCT will provide this support throughout our portfolio, during short-term assignments determined by the Director of Compliance.
- Conducts professional interviews with residents, completes all necessary documentation for timely resident certification in accordance to regulations & CommonBond policies and procedures.
- Accurately enters required applicant and resident information into Yardi Voyager.
- Assist with short-term compliance administration at varying sites; such as income limit changes, utility allowance changes, policy and procedural changes.
- Maintains effective, professional relationship with the residents.
- Maintains excellent relations with Property Managers and all site staff.
- Provides guidance and resolution to issues as necessary.
- Meets all corporate designated deadlines.
- Supports PMCS team during position vacancies, PTO, vacations, trainings and/or peak activity.
- Implements procedures as outlined in Program Compliance Manual.
- Supports the team in site compliance trainings.
- Attends Property Management meetings as requested.
- Attends PMCS team meetings as requested.
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs & fair housing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel and Yardi.
- Three years’ of experience with program compliance in housing subsidies, site manager or assistant manager with responsibilities that include program compliance paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Resilience & flexibility through change.
- Strong motivational skills with ability to self-direct.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and able to travel extensively between sites.
- Must be willing to travel overnight and for extended periods as needed.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the Director of Compliance.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to type.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Smoke free work environment.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
- Overtime as necessary.
- Showing of apartments or walking property in adverse weather conditions.