Assist Property Manager 2
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Assistant Property Manager position at our Westminster Place Apartments in St Paul, MN. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager is to assist the property manager with the daily operations of the community by coordinating the marketing, rental, and occupancy along with a strong focus on customer service and community relations. In addition, this position requires daily administrative duties with respect to both the management office and the apartment community.
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory paperwork.
- Sets up appointments for lease signings and follows through with all appropriate paperwork.
- Prepares all move-out material for property manager.
- Prepares copies of all materials to be sent for government compliance. Maintains compliance reporting information monthly.
- Prepares completed move-in packets and maintains a supply of all pertinent materials.
- Enters marketing information, installs resident, enters vacate notices, prints reports on YARDI computer program.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with HUD rules and regulations.
- Collects rent payments and makes bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Assists property manager in making purchases in accordance with budget specifications and guidelines.
- Tracks budget variances and brings those variances to the attention of the property manager.
- Sends notices and makes phone calls for any late rent.
- Makes appointments, shows apartments, takes and verifies applications to completion.
- Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
- Answers incoming calls.
- Greets all visitors.Updates all applicable referral agencies.
- Follows up on all prospective residents in a timely manner.
- Keeps resident files up-to-date.
- Prepares market survey report monthly.
- Fills out maintenance service requests and makes callbacks
- Takes reservations for community facilities and keeps staff abreast of specific setups.
- Informs management of common areas in need of cleaning and repair.
- Inspects daily curb-appeal to include pristine condition of model apartment and suite.
- Informs residents of items in the management office belonging to them.
- Aids in keeping management office and lobby area neat and clean at all times.
- Keeps resident listings up-to-date.
- Handles resident complaints in a timely and professionally.
- Coordinates resident functions.
- Acts as property manager in property manager’s absence.
- Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
- Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident service needs individually and as a group.
- Updates turnover information on a daily basis.
- Works on the first and last day of each month.
- Prepares move-out letters and instructions.
- Manages lease renewal program & resident programs.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of government housing subsidy programs.
- One year leasing or property management experience preferred.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the property manager or regional manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional sales skills.
- Basic word processing and spreadsheet knowledge. (Microsoft, Excel)
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software.
- Typing skills.
- Detail oriented and accuracy with numbers.
- Proficient office skills including organizational abilities.
- Exemplary time management skills.
- Knowledge of fair housing and applicable compliance regulations.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to assist above and beyond as part of “the team.”
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively managing multiple projects or tasks.
- Post secondary coursework in property management, business, real estate or equivalent experience preferred.
- Post high school education preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Reaching above and below the shoulders.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to file for extended periods of time.
- Ability to open and close file drawers.
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions.
- Smoke free environment.
- Moderate noise level.