4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Location: Fergus Falls, MN
At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity and their impact can take many forms. In this role, the Sourcing Manager will lead a team of Sourcing Specialists and direct the work related to the commercial services activity of the company’s core work and long-term construction projects.
The Sourcing Manager will:
- Lead, manage and develop career skills of the team of Sourcing Specialists. Develop and implement sourcing strategies for OTP leading to the proper procurement of materials and services including – vendor research and selection, bidding methodologies, RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, selection and respective contract development, administration, and follow-up.
- Manage the network of internal and external relationships related to the sourcing and contracting processes, including vendor negotiations.
- Develop and carry-out policy for administering procurement contracts and the contracting process including tools to measure the effectiveness of the sourcing function.
- Manage and perform Risk Assessments on long-term construction projects. Evaluate, initiate, and assist Project Managers in procuring proper project insurance, bonding, retainage, and other assurances.
- Lead large-project bid evaluation sessions and pre-sign contract strategy sessions with Subject Matter Experts, formulating appropriate strategies for procurement and methodologies for contracting.
- Develop and implement strategies for capturing cost savings for purchased material and services.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are motivated to deeply understand complex information and lead company stakeholders to the best path forward while aligning with our core values: Integrity, Community, Safety, Resourcefulness, Customer Service and People. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
- There is a lot of innovation in our industry, and we want positive, can-do, resilient people who demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement, growth, and learning.
- OTP leaders need to have confident interpersonal and communications skills to effectively manage and develop their team, and to create positive and effective relationships with various stakeholders and vendors.
- A strategic growth mindset with exceptional analytical and negotiation skills will allow you to conceive solutions and successfully implement them.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, purchasing, finance, contracting, engineering, management, or accounting is required.
- Knowledge of the energy industry is preferred.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package.
- Employee Stock Ownership options
- Retirement Savings Fund with employer match
- Health insurance plan options
- Training – our employee are provided training and development opportunities each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
- Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
- Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center. If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though!
To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com.
Applications accepted through August 22, 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.