Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Administrative Manager position at our Central office location located in Saint Paul, MN. The Administrative Manager provides effective leadership to the Housing and Services Administrative Team members. This person is responsible for planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems in order to streamline processes and provide clear communication to other team members. They will be able to actively discover new ways to support the Housing and Services departments more efficiently while also providing clear and open communication with other members of the administrative team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Supervise and provide leadership for administrative staff
- Strives to be a leader in thought and practice
- Coordinates with other Administrative Staff to ensure clear communications and create efficiencies
- Works with the EVP of Housing and Services, Housing and Services Directors and all Regional Managers to provide direct support
- Acts as liaison between administrative staff and senior management, communicating needs and concerns so they are handled quickly
- Identifies, hires, and supervises administrative staff. Provide recognition and frequent feedback; evaluate performance. With employees, identifies and advances professional development goals; ensures that training occurs. Actively encourages staff learning and growth around diversity and inclusion.
- Holds regular meetings with administrative staff to discuss issues, problem-solve solutions, guide performance and maintain high-level work.
- Coaches’ employees to improve their ability to anticipate, correct, and avoid deficiencies.
- Delegates tasks and tracking progress on projects
- Leads planning and organizing training sessions for Administrative Staff
- Coordinates completion of special projects and track progress toward company goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maintains communication flow and business processes
- Utilizes Outlook email function – read and respond to emails
- Utilizes MS Office – ability to create high-functioning spreadsheets in Excel using formulas
- Processes incoming contracts for a number of vendors, i.e., MHFA, WHEDA, and IFA
- Works with Housing and Services Directors to strategize new initiatives, i.e. portfolio assignments, spreadsheets, pipeline, timeline etc.
- Schedules meetings and training for small and large groups
- Planning for event space which includes negotiating contracts, preparing agendas, ordering, and arranging all food, day of coordination, and set-up.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and database software
- High level of knowledge in Excel Required: spreadsheets, formulas, etc.
- Minimum two years of receptionist and administrative experience in a busy professional office
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, stoop
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
- Ability to accurately type 45 words per minute
- Specific training in word processing and use of computers
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach above shoulders
- Ability to open and close files drawers
- Ability to file documents for extended periods of time