Position Information Position Title
Project Custodian Division
Finance & Administration Department/Office
Position Summary Information Advertisement
The Facilities Department
at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full-time Project Custodian
position. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
Our Custodians provide a clean, healthy, and attractive environment for our college students, faculty, staffs, and guests. In addition, our team assists in reporting maintenance and safety concerns as they are noticed. The Project Custodian
fills-in as relief staff for open shifts, performs general cleaning and all forms of custodial project work, including event set-ups and furniture moving. Our Project Custodians collaborate to follow efficient team cleaning procedures and form great working relationships with other team members. Responsibilities include:
- Check in with supervisor/manager to see the assignments for the day, prioritizing and completing assigned work in the allotted time frame.
- Good attendance and punctuality are required to act as an example for the department.
- Work collaboratively with management, staff, and campus community in general, creating and fostering great working relationships.
- Project a positive image for both the custodial department and the university, working independently and as a member of a team to carry out work assignments in a timely manner.
- Following procedures and staying safety conscious while working around people and during times when the campus is open for business.
- Perform daily custodial work, complete special cleaning projects, furniture moving, set-ups, event cleaning, etc. from work order requests, event or periodic schedules.
- Respond to new daily needs and urgent needs as they arise.
- Be prepared to perform and fulfill all of the needs of the daily functions of general custodians or project custodian such as
- Cleaning offices, classrooms, dorm rooms, restrooms/showers, common areas, lounges, dining rooms, kitchens, sports facilities, etc.
- Cleaning carpets and hard floors.
- Removing trash and recycling, including collection from assigned and requested areas and distribution to dumpsters, making sure all trash areas are in order.
- Reporting when dumpsters and compactors need to be emptied and serviced.
- Washing windows and door glass using both spray bottle and strip washer/squeegee methods.
- Changing light bulbs.
- Removing snow and/or ice on a seasonal basis.
- Taking care of assigned area daily, following specific schedules staying flexible to unexpected needs.
- Assisting others when it is needed and fill-in for open shifts.
- Reporting problems and concerns to the supervisor, manager, or to the ServiceNow system.
Employees at St. Kate's feel a connection to the University's Mission and Vision, and they live their values at work. Benefits available to full-time employees include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan access
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free Tuition (tuition remission) at St. Kate's for employees and their families after one year of
- Six weeks of paid parental leave after one year of service
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year of cleaning experience
- Current and valid driver's license with an approved motor vehicle record check
- Must pass an internal driver's test and on-campus driving training session.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs and carry and work from a 12' stepladder or lift.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of hard floor care maintenance, carpet cleaning techniques, machines and chemicals used, and meet production standards.
- Three (3) years of institutional cleaning experience.
- Experience training other custodial team members on project cleaning work.
- Experience reading and understanding product information labels, safety data sheets, work orders and written instructions.
- Experience using an online work request system.
- Experience providing work direction to new colleagues.
- Able to use and demonstrate the proper use of furniture and warehouse equipment such as: 2 wheel dollies, appliance dollies, flat carts, sliders, file movers, desk movers, pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information contact Reed at 651-690-8615.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine .St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires a motor vehicle record check that will screen driving violations over the past three years. Do you have a current and valid driver's license?
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter