Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We are the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies - and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
Are you an experienced, passionate, and innovative pioneer in technology - a solution builder, a get down to the nitty gritty engineer who thrives in a collaborative and FUN environment? Do you see the opportunity of Identity as a foundation for a robust Cybersecurity posture? Do you think you could make our world-class team better? If so, consider a career within Target Cybersecurity on the Identity and Access Management Team.
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference! As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you serve a pivotal role in the engineering team that supports Active Directory in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) product. You will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem-solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you will take the lead as you develop tools and technology to help enterprise users get the right access and at the right time with minimal friction without compromising on security. You will be helping manage a platform that supports identities across the enterprise and implementing new Security features and self-service capabilities to reduce the identity attack surface and improve overall user experience.
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the IAM domain. Evaluate innovative technologies and take part in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Lead and conduct code reviews, design reviews, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions. Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices. Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Windows Servers deployment and management
- 3+ years of experience with VMware and/or Hypervisor technologies
- Expert in configuring and administering Windows Servers
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge designing an Active Directory, Forest, and Domain Infrastructure
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 2+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- 2+ years of core Java design and development experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Working knowledge in Unix based OS (e.g., Linux, Centos)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure, firewalls, DNS, and DHCP
- CI/CD experience and building responsive web-based applications a huge plus
- Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management and identity governance principles
- A strong foundation in testing frameworks and libraries (e.g., Junit, JaCoCo)
- Working knowledge of cloud-based computing, specifically management of identities in the cloud
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.