Position Information Position Title
Adjunct Faculty - Baccalaureate Nursing Program, College for Women Division
Academic Affairs Department/Office
Position Summary Information Advertisement
The Nursing Department
at St. Catherine University
invites applications for adjunct faculty positions. These positions are for our College for Women which is our traditional, day program offered Monday - Friday.
St. Catherine University nursing faculty educate students to develop the knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism they will need to be compassionate and successful nurses and leaders. Our nursing programs and curricula are delivered in an environment that embraces multicultural and social justice perspectives, relationships, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the liberal arts. Our BSN program integrates holistic nursing theory and modalities, and is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation. We offer nursing degrees at every level and we offer a broad array of courses including clinical experiences. We search for excellent nurse educators in a variety of learning formats and with experience in different specializations. Specific specialization needs we have identified for our College for Women
- Adult acute care
- Community / Public Health
- Mental Health care
- Pediatric acute care
We are searching for nurses to contribute to lab, clinical, and didactic/theory components of course instruction. Most positions require in-person instruction. Join us and give back to the nursing profession while impacting better health outcomes! Responsibilities include all of the following:
And one or more of the following:
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic relationships with students as an educator and mentor.
- Monitor and assess student-learning outcomes and provide timely and frequent feedback to students on academic performance.
- Collaborate with a small group of faculty to deliver high-quality instruction.
- Deliver content in online, in-person and/or hybrid formats.
- Supervise students at clinicals.
- 2-3 sessions of on campus teaching in lab and simulation.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing for clinical and lab instruction opportunities.
- Licensed and unencumbered registered nurse in the state of Minnesota.
- Two years of direct or indirect practice experience in an area of specialization.
- For didactic/ theory instruction positions, a graduate degree in nursing or a related area.
- Academic preparation and teaching experience in nursing education.
- Teaching experience in online and/or in-person formats.
- Advanced computer skills including course management systems.
- Experience in electronic health records and online meeting systems.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Consistent with the University's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Required materials include a cover letter and CV or resume. Background checks and transcripts are required upon offer. Applications will be considered as they are received and hiring will continue until all open adjunct positions are filled.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law
. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine . St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current, unencumbered license as a nurse in Minnesota?
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * If a Bachelor's degree is your highest level of completed education, are you currently enrolled in a nursing graduate degree program? Note that this is not required for all positions.
- Master's degree enrolled
- Doctoral degree enrolled
- Not applicable
- * Please list your nursing practice area(s) of study for completed degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * In which of the following areas do you have specialized nursing knowledge?
- Acute pediatrics
- Adult med-surg
- Long-term care
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- * Select the option that best describes your nurse educator experience.
- This will be my first college/university teaching experience.
- I have taught at the college/university level.
- I have taught nurses in a non-academic, practice environment.
- I have precepted nursing students during their clinical rotations.
- I have been an adjunct instructor for several years.
- I have one year of full-time teaching experience at the college/university level.
- I have more than a year of full-time teaching experience at the college/university level.
- * I am available to teach Monday - Friday day hours. Adjunct positions in the College for Women require this availability.
- Yes, my schedule is open during the day.
- Yes, my schedule is open during the day but not every day.
- No, I am unavailable to teach days.
- * Many of our positions involve instruction in care settings that have immunization requirements. If you are selected for one of these positions, are you willing to meet all immunization requirements, including the coronavirus vaccination?
- * Select the option that best describes your availability to teach in different formats. Please note that clinical and lab instruction is in-person.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format only.
- I am available to teach in-person only.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format or an in-person format.
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Holistic Nurses Association
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Nurse
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Simply Hired
- The African Nurses Network
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2