Description: Target Internship Program Overview Internship Program Overview and Training at a Glance
Target's Commitments and Expectations At Target, we are committed to providing each intern with:
- The program's goal is to provide a realistic job preview and leadership development for all interns by providing an opportunity to develop business skills and attain knowledge within a specific area of the business.
- The program is a paid internship program.
- Interns will participate in a blend of formal and on the job training.
- Mentorship, on-boarding and training support throughout the program.
- An inclusive, collaborative and team-focused work environment.
- An opportunity to develop and experience management, operational and/or leadership responsibilities.
- Education about a career in retail and its future possibilities.
Our expectations of interns during the program include:
- Opportunities to network with peers and company leaders.
- Commitment to Learning: Demonstrates initiative to be a self-starter and seek out opportunities for growth and development. Keep themselves on track with training plans. Be curious, ask questions, seek help if it's needed and make suggestions for improvement.
- Professionalism: Treat team members, guests, and others in the workplace with respect. Be sure to dress professionally and remember that our team members view the intern as a future business leader.
- Team Connection and Communication: Invest in building relationships with the team by engaging with each team member in order to fully understand the team leadership component.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Own their Success: Interns are empowered to own their development and growth, and we are here to support them through this process. Show leaders a commitment to learning and development by making the most out of the internship experience by challenging him/herself to step outside of their comfort zone and be willing to take on new challenges and assignments.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.