The Packing Design and Applications Engineer person will act as the liaison between Sales, Marketing, and Engineering for the Eastey and AFM (American Film & Machinery) Packaging product lines.
- Provide the main in-house point of technical contact for our global Packaging Equipment products from pre-sales through final product customer approval from both an engineering and sales standpoint.
- Responsible for the mechanical engineering design and support, including electromechanical design, of new and existing Eastey and AFM products.
- Provide new product design, market development and market introduction through participation on Eastey and AFM marketing and engineering teams.
- Develop design changes for existing products to improve manufacturing process and/or reduce costs.
- Develop an excellent understanding of typical applications where products may be used effectively.
- Communicate technical information, product changes, and enhancements to sales channel as products evolve.
- Create and maintain new ERP part numbers and bill of materials for all Packaging product lines.
- Responsible for accurately processing customer equipment forms and providing costing matrices.
- Assisting production teams as needed for customer machine builds.
- Lead, coordinate, and mange packaging equipment design projects.
- Work with marketing to prepare sale tools and multi-media training materials and deliver those materials in a classroom or work environment. Utilize technology (webinars, videoconferencing, etc.) to reach a broad base frequently and cost-effectively.
- Drive the creation of Product Design Requirements (CRDs) and specifications for product improvements and new product development.
- Provide technical assistance to sales team members and customer for pre-sale discussions and accurate equipment quotes for automation products.
- Demonstrate professional interaction with sales team, distributors, and other employees.
- Work well independently and with a team.
- Provide International and domestic supplier applications support.
- Occasional customer site visits to provide product applications support.
- Provide 3D CAD design support including parts, assembly, exploded view, and weldment drawings.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering including 10+ years previous experience or equivalent level of work experience.
- Proficient with CAD software. PRO E/Creo preferred.
- Electromechanical design experience required.
- Packaging equipment experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills – both written and verbal communication
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Some travel required
WORKING CONDITIONS: Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday. Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink-packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. Located in Rogers, MN.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits, PTO, company matched 401(k) and Profit sharing.