HR Business Partner
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
Essential Functions and Associated Tasks
- Partners with the HR Director to create and facilitate Supervisor Training Programs. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, and continuing education. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Maintains all compliance activities related to the Affirmative Action Program.
- Brings pay equity requests from business partners to the weekly compensation meeting for discussion and resolution.
- Partners with the Recruitment Team on hiring strategy when necessary.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety.
- Manages issues related to employee relations including but not limited to disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. Participates and provides input to current employee relations issues impacting the client base in the weekly employee relations update meeting.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Reviews HRIS data and runs reports as needed for daily work and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent systems knowledge and use of MS Office Software, and HRIS Platforms/ATS systems.
- Outstanding business writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to coach employees and management through challenging situations that may be emotional.
- Proven ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, and legal regulations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and detail orientation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks daily duties and projects.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to type information into a computer
Bachelors or better in Human Resource Administration.Licenses & Certifications
Professional in HR
SHRM Certified Prof
SHRM Senior Cert Prof
Senior Professional in HR