Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is the Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect on a variety of categories. Here, you will be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.Job Overview
: A role with Target Packaging is an opportunity to lead the development of packaging for Target's beloved owned brands, exclusive partnerships and select transit packaging. Your influence will drive sales and grow brand love through packaging that's guest-centric, on brand, competitive "at shelf" and category relevant. Here, you'll leverage internal and external partnerships to execute packaging planning, project management, print development, copy and structural development to achieve brand expression and market differentiation. Your work will prioritize and manage packaging projects, securing the correct resources and creative needs to deliver on time and budget. As part of a global team spanning the U.S., China and India, you'll have partners at sourcing offices overseas, as well as international vendors and suppliers. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life every day as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all our guests.
You'll support the structural design and development of new, improved, more sustainable and cost-effective owned brand packaging in Food & Beverage at Target.
As an Associate Packaging Engineer
, you will:
- Ensure the primary packaging will protect, contain and display the product from initial idea through final use for assigned categories and businesses.
- Support corporate commitments and requirements via item level specifications.
- Actively participate in prototyping and development of Target packaging structural concepts for our Owned Brand products.
- Work across the enterprise with key internal and external partners to define packaging requirements and identify optimal packaging solutions.
- Become an expert in structural packaging for assigned categories working under the coaching of a Senior or Lead Packaging Engineer.
- Review Vendor Structure options and component capabilities
- Design solutions that deliver cost savings, sustainability and other relevant priorities to advance the business.
- Develop and refine structural specifications for packaging.
- Approve vendor designs in a timely manner.
- Contribute in category and item level market research, including testing and guest feedback. Draw conclusions from relevant data and make appropriate recommendations.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize requests, and meet deadlines
- Motivation to learn new skills, with passion for engineering and design
- Ability to work independently and strategically in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with Artios CAD and ESKO products preferred
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.