Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
As a Pricing Actuary at UCare, you will be responsible for UCare's rate development and analysis of Medicaid and/or ACA products. Provide project management oversight of the team to prepare data, conduct analysis, and create innovative actuarial solutions to drive real world results for complex populations. Develop recommendations for product financial strategies to UCare's executive leadership team and actively participate in cross-functional product portfolio and strategic planning discussions.
• Medicaid Rate Analysis: Coordinate the data analysis and rate review of Medicaid products and prepare strategic recommendations.
• ACA Rate Filing: Lead pricing and rate filing of ACA products. Provide project management oversight of team to prepare data, analysis, and strategic recommendations. Establish and maintain relationships with regulators as it relates to rate review. Ensure thorough process documentation is maintained to meet actuarial standards.
• Actuarial Modeling: Construct and apply actuarial models to solve business questions. Applications include pricing, assumption setting and impact analysis
• Pricing Strategies: Develop recommendations for UCare's product and pricing strategies. Perform actuarial studies to monitor financial effect of various portfolio strategies.
• Maintain familiarity with competitor product benefit packages and premium structure.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds. Build/Strengthen relationships with stakeholders and understand how actions impact/influence others.
• Exhibit and foster excellent documentation standards.
• Serve as Health Care Economics representative on various ad-hoc work groups. Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
B.S. in Actuarial Science, Statistics, or related field preferred; demonstrated programming/financial analysis experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least 4 SOA Exams. Minimum of 5 years related experience in direct health insurance industry, including pricing experience.
ASA or FSA credentialed actuary.
Technical skills with SQL and/or SAS.
Project management experience, including staff training and delegation to analysts. ACA or Medicaid experience a plus.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 08/09/2022