Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Join us as we shape the future of Target by building experiences that are actively inclusive, fully accessible to our users with disabilities, and authentically representative of all our Target guests and team members.About The Job:
You'll work to build one or more products that will impact every guest transaction by ensuring the Insights we provide inform data-driven decisions on how we allocate space, build our assortments, and present merchandise in a way that is highly relevant to our guest and delivers on Target's strategic vision.
As a lead Product Designer, you will collaborate with product team(s) and key stakeholders to enable an effortless experience for your respective product(s). You will need to build a strong knowledge of your product through product discovery, collecting user feedback and work to collect other relevant data points that explain the value and help you prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for the portfolio. You will work in unison with engineers, product managers, data scientists and business partners to lead the design and development processes.
You will be the "voice of the user" with your product team and stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and you will be responsible to maintain and refine the product experience through the use of design tools processes, to ensure focus on the highest impact work for the team and stakeholders.
You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as, inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will operate within unknowns to achieve goals, leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles and value progress over perfection.
You'll be in the driver's seat of your career growth at Target with strong support for work-life balance. We'll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Lead Product Designer. The exciting part of retail? It's always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About The Job:
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed team of designers, writers, researchers, engineers, product managers, accessibility consultants and data analysts
- Own and cultivate the product team's full design process, from discovery to asset delivery
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for continued iteration within the product portfolio
- Model and guide partners on how, when, and why to use various design methodologies, processes, tools, etc. to achieve desired outcomes
- Lead cross-functional discovery efforts (i.e., workshops, partner interviews, design sprints, usability testing) to uncover the right problems
- Mentor designers on skills, tools, and processes
- 5+ years of product design experience preferred, but level of proficiency is more important to us
- Proactively leans into research as the foundation for simple, inspiring, and impactful designs
- Can define, conduct and/or synthesize various forms of research methods throughout the process from discovery to production
- Is an articulate communicator and storyteller; can gracefully defend design strategy and concepts
- Can successfully lead large scale ambiguous projects and initiatives with cross-functional partners; managing competing priorities and timelines
- Are proficient in design and prototyping tools (we use Figma & Miro)
- Have a portfolio showcasing a high level of craft with a strong foundation in design strategy, visual design, and interaction design
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet.
The application process will include a series of interviews as well as a portfolio review of specific work samples and case studies that show design process and different stages of work.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only
: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $105,800-$190,400 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.