As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Join the Cyber Fraud and Abuse Solutions Engineering team and help us protect guests while disrupting fraud and abuse across various services Target has to offer. You will partner with investigators, engineers, and other business units to make impactful progress to counter fraud, while balancing business risk.
This role includes managing multiple products for the Cyber Fraud & Abuse organization, including both in-house developed and vendor supplied solutions. Products align with the following core Cyber Fraud & Abuse capabilities: Automation Prevention, CDN Management and Security Controls, Cyber Fraud & Abuse Tools, and Data Management. Also in-scope for this role are multiple cross-functional efforts focused on the prevention of automated attacks.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work in the product model and will partner to develop a comprehensive product strategy, related roadmaps, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective products. You will need to leverage the knowledge of your products, as well as customer feedback and establish other relevant data points to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your products. You will lead multiple products and work in unison with engineers, UX designers, data engineers and business partners to deliver product features. You will be the "voice of the product" to key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met, and that the product team is getting the direction and support that it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively understand the market, maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders. You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with product teams across the organization to help them achieve their goals while pursuing and completing yours. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Technical background is preferred.
- 6+ years of product management experience or equivalent domain experience, preferably in e-commerce, security, or fraud related area
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., user stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas)
- Ability to lead a body of work with cross-functional partners
- Strong communication skills
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation and coordination across teams
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Ability to balance numbers with intuition and effective strategies
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.