Supervisor, Operations & Training
Position: Supervisor, Operations & Training
Location: Fergus Falls, Minnesota or reasonable location within our service territory
Description: At Otter Tail Power Company, our employees support the communities we serve by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Everyone has an important role in accomplishing these objectives! In the Supervisor, Operations and Training role, the following activities are performed:
- Lead and direct the Line Methods Training specialist to develop curriculum and facilitate continuing educational training for all Lineman Provide direct training for Lineman and other operational stakeholders. Supervise Aerial Basket Crew and All Terrain and maintains a workplan conforming to the skillset of the specialized crews. Consult Operations leadership as to the direction, resources and strategy of department. Analyze and recommend workforce needs for the Customer Service Centers and provide input on work prioritization and projects. Project management support on large and/or complex construction projects. Coordinate crews and equipment to provide shared assistance to other utilities during storm restoration efforts. Serve on the Material Standards Committee to collaborate with materials engineers and stakeholders on existing material standards and make recommendations relating to new material and standards.
Qualifications: To be successful in this role, we’re looking for candidates who possess the following skills and traits:
- There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do people who are resilient through the challenges that sometimes come with change. Requires knowledge of electrical transmission, distribution, and substation materials, work procedures, Company safety rules, OSHA standards, applicable State and Federal regulations, industry fleet, tool, and equipment standards.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, specifically in the areas of safety rules and line methods and the ability to supervise electrical line workers. This person will spend much time in the field working with employees and the ability to independently manage many and varied priorities is required.
- Desirable skills and qualities include positive attitude, assertive personality, self-confidence, reliability, open-mindedness, analytical, and organized.
Offering: We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package. Employee Stock Ownership options Retirement Savings Fund with employer match Health insurance plan options
Training – our employee are provided training and development opportunities each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success –, technical, compliance and developmental training.
Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more! Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center. If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though!
To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com. We’ll accept applications through August 31, 2022. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-inventory assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.