Position Information Position Title
Campus Minister Division
Student Affairs Department/Office
Center for Spirituality
Position Summary Information Advertisement
The Center for Spirituality and Social Justice
( CSSJ ) invites applications for a full-time Campus Minister.
At St. Catherine University
, students, faculty and staff of all spiritual, secular, and religious identities are welcome to share in creating a community of faith that engages in social justice. Learn more about our center HERE
. The Campus Minister position focuses on the development of campus ministry retreats, social justice, missions trips, and St. Kate's and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet Food Shelf.Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise student peer ministers to offer programs, retreats, and trips to undergraduate students.
- Participate in staff teams to support University celebrations and events sponsored by the Center for Spirituality and Social Justice, the Office of Inclusive Excellence and Social Justice, and University Events.
- Provide co-managerial support for the St. Kate's/Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet Food Shelf with a delegated member of the Sisters of St. Joseph Province. This work is inclusive of the larger commitment of the university to sustainable access to nutritious foods and housing.
- Supervise interns and student workers.
- Supervise interns and student workers.
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus to offer programs, retreats, and trips to adult and grad students, staff and faculty.
- Participate with staff teams to support Sunday, Holy Day, Baccalaureate Masses
- Provide listening support for students, faculty and staff seeking support
- Providing advisory support specifically for students organizing faith development and social groups
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students
in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preferred concentration in the liberal arts, specifically theology, religious studies or sociology.
- Basic theological training is essential for this position.
- One (1) year experience in campus ministry or social justice/social change leadership in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Intellectual Tradition, The Catholic Sacramental Tradition, the Christian social justice tradition, and capacity to serve other faith traditions including Muslim faith traditions.
- Knowledge of a variety of justice and peace issues and the ability to articulate their place in the life of faith - and within the university's tri-fold identity as liberal arts, Catholic, & women-centered.
- Knowledge of the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and the ability to integrate these mission values into the vision and goals of CSSJ and OIESJ .
- Strong informal teaching skills and understanding of student development.
- Ability to be an effective mentor to student workers.
- Understanding of the University environment, ability to work collaboratively with on/off-campus partners, build & sustain relationships with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, parents/families & community partners.
- Must have a willingness to work some evenings and weekends; Ability to work effectively in teams and individually.
- Critical thinking, organization, multi-tasking, and attention to details; Excellent verbal and written skills.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com
or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers
to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
.St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * For any education beyond high school, please list the degree or certification and the area of focus.
(Open Ended Question)
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter