Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
PROJECT MANAGER - TECHNICAL
Work Location: Office for Your Day
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible for using project management methodology and tools to plan, lead and/or oversee large and/or complex cross-departmental projects working with IT resources and software vendors that support the organization's Digital Experience Team that further enhances our consumer-centric digital presence. Primary responsibility will include planning and overseeing execution of digital updates required for the annual election period across multiple platforms. Projects may also include evaluation and/or implementation of services, systems, business process improvement opportunities and/or enhancements to our digital platforms. Projects will be determined based on work initiatives and leader direction to ensure a positive user experience across all UCare's constituents.
• Responsible for the successful planning, execution, and completion of the annual election period updates across multiple platforms utilizing multiple methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
• Responsible for the successful planning, execution, and completion of digital projects utilizing multiple methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
• Identify challenges, facilitate solution development, and make recommendations to the project sponsor and all stakeholders as needed.
• Communicate project status and barriers to key stakeholders throughout the project.
• Build effective working relationships with internal partners (IT, Project Management Officer (PMO), GR, Legal, Marketing, etc.) and vendor partners to ensure digital project goals are met and comply with applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
• Collaborate with marketing team members to develop an approach toward measuring return on investment for digital products/experience.
• In partnership with the Web Operations Manager and Digital Product Owners, create a digital product roadmap and implement a communication/socialization plan.
• In collaboration with the Digital Transformation Associate Director, develop and manage project budgets and cost benefit analyses.
• Acquire, maintain knowledge, and incorporate into projects industry practices, trends, and methodologies.
• Support business leaders by identifying and recommending strategic and/or operational project opportunities for annual project planning.
• Identify, create, implement and maintain project management tools, templates, processes, and procedures.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Demonstrated work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Five years of demonstrated project management experience, including facilitating and leading cross-functional teams. Understanding of project management concepts and methodologies. Experience navigating a large, heavily matrixed environment across various stakeholders, including those in a virtual environment. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Experience leading projects in a health care setting or a highly regulated industry. Practical experience in managed care, government programs or health plans. Experience with Microsoft Project, Gantt charts, and/or SharePoint. PMI Certification, and/or Agile SCRUM Master Certification is strongly preferred. Experience with SaaS based vendors and digital experiences (web portals), CRM and Experience Management Platforms. Understanding of project management concepts and methodologies. Knowledge of Agile methodologies. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Able to work through ambiguity and exert influence within a matrixed environment.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 01/01/2023