Education-Travel - Meeting Planner
Plan, coordinate and execute logistical arrangements for corporate and client meetings. Meetings are conducted in-person, virtually and/or in a hybrid format. Responsible for site and vendor selection, contract negotiations, attendee recruitment, database management, lodging and travel. Supervise meeting functions and act as primary liaison between DRC staff, client, committee attendees and hotel or venue. Act as the project manager for department projects and initiatives as required. Position will be located in Maple Grove, MN.
Essential Position Qualifications:
- Meet with clients and organizing staff to plan scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, and review procedures and event progress.
- Perform venue searches for meeting space and/or overnight accommodations including site inspections as needed.
- Negotiate pricing, fees and best available rates for all aspects of the meetings; and within best interest of DRC and clients.
- Ensure that cancellation deadlines, penalties/attritions and contracted space fits within scope of meetings.
- Manage the services required for each meeting or event such as attendee registration (via Cvent), hotel accommodations, air or ground transportation (via Concur), meeting room requirements, audio visual needs, food & beverage, signage, and printing of forms and materials.
- Provide onsite meeting support services, as needed.
- Coordinate travel for meeting attendees, DRC staff and clients.
- Audit hotel and meeting related invoices, oversee the payment to vendors.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
Essential Job Functions:
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.