Master Mechanic - Stay on Bonus available up to $10k!!
Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for Master Mechanic.
***Stay On Bonus available up to $10,000***
***Offering Quarterly Bonuses up to $525***
Now Hiring for 1st and 2nd Shifts.
Starting pay $50.00 an hour!
2nd Shift - $2.00 an hour Shift Differential.
Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 100 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and equipment and provide over 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
As a Master Mechanic you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining our fleet of diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collections vehicles and equipment while providing outstanding service to our customers, both internal and external. You will also be expected to be a leader and mentor within our shop for the other mechanics and PM Technicians.
- Keep work area clean and safe and always adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance as needed on our entire fleet of vehicles and other equipment
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair diesel and CNG powered trucks, as well as other equipment within our fleet.
- Meet or exceed mechanic productivity goals as well as schedule compliance goals
- Perform test drives and service calls for emergency breakdowns as needed.
- Ability to learn and operate fleet maintenance software and diagnostic equipment.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance on a variety of chassis throughout the fleet
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair Refuse bodies, including controls, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Air and hydraulic braking systems diagnosis and repairs
- Engine repair and maintenance
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair suspension, drivetrain and steering systems, heating, and air conditioning systems
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Perform all work within the Estimated Repair Times (ERT)
- Minor welding as necessary
- Troubleshoot issues using a variety of electronic tools
- Complete applicable Company training programs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
2-year technical degree and 15+ years of relevant experience in related industry, or 20 years of experience including but not limited to:
- Air Brake systems
- Engine diagnostics and repairs
- Troubleshooting electrical (Advanced)
- Hydraulic systems (Advanced)
- Advanced repairs
- Computerized diagnostic training and experience (JPRO or similar)
- Expert level CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software)
- Cummins ISL-G/L9N/ISX12 certifications
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Certifications from Kenworth, Freightliner, Peterbilt, Allison Transmission, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Bendix, etc.
- Cummins Insite knowledge and prior training.
- Computerized diagnostic training (JPRO or similar)
- ACX overview. (AUTOCAR Training)
- NGVI - Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle – Fuel system inspector training
- Advanced training and experience in Hydraulic Systems
- Willingness and desire to teach and train other mechanics
- Meets or exceeds estimate repair times
- Ability to read and interpret service and repair manuals.
- Ability to read work orders.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Prior leadership, mentorship, or training experience
- Lifting to 50 lbs. Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation (if have current CDL), and physical assessment
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within our Service area
- Competitive tool reimbursement program
- Paid company uniforms
- Annual work boot allowance
- All PPE provided
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OPEN DATE 8/22/2022
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.