Senior Project Manager
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Data Recognition Corporation, Maple Grove, MN
Please no agencies
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this role
Senior Project Manager - Reporting and Analytics
Job Title: Reporting and Analytics Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
DRC has more than thirty years of proven experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (Ed Tech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We desire to provide modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to help drive our reporting and analytics projects forward, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. As a Project Manager supporting Reporting and Analytics, you will manage medium to large-sized projects using industry standards and agile methodologies. You will work cross-functionally to ensure critical decisions on design and software changes are made. You will create and maintain project documentation and detailed, comprehensive project plans. In this role, you will proactively identify and manage risks and issues, escalating them as necessary. You will develop expertise on industry trends and the IT ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership skills, think critically and problem-solve, and use a high level of knowledge and experience blending traditional project management principles and practices with Agile development, helping to transform DRC into an Agile organization.
- Understand the overarching goals of the product, along with specific and multiple project/client deliverables, managing the scope and schedule for all clients or product, focused on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Partner with Product Owners and Analysts to ensure that requirements and project expectations are effectively communicated to the development team and stakeholders.
- Facilitate project status and working meetings, prepare and distribute summaries, progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Manage and track implementation issues/risks to achieve a successful go-live. Prepare and follow post-go-live issues to ensure a successful stabilization phase.
- Assist in team development, hold teams accountable for their commitments, remove roadblocks to their work, leverage organizational resources to improve project work capacity, and mentor and develop team members, leading to self-organizing teams.
- Bachelor's / 4-year degree (BA, BS).
- 5+ years of related experience.
- 3+ years scrum master experience with a successful track record of delivery.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, and practices. But flexible in approach to make it work for the team, project, or both.
Preferred Experience (nice to have, not required):
- EdTech industry experience is desired but not required.
- Professional certification (PMP, Scrum, Kanban, Safe)
- Experience working with multiple analytic platforms (ex. ThoughtSpot, PowerBI, Tableau).
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Atlassian, Google suite, Lucid Charts, Smartsheet, and applicable data analytics tools.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.